Saturday, December 19, 2009

About my journey and this blog

Twelve years ago I came from the East, half a world away, with a backpack. Two years ago I went away to the South, half a world away, with a backpack. Last month I found my way back, with a backpack, setting off another leg of my life's journey. This blog is not in a strict chronological order. It is a collection of my past, my present, and my future. This is the only way things make sense.
Seven times in my life, I have picked up and left, with nothing more than what I can put on my back. There is no earthly belongings I cannot walk away from. I have never had so little and be so happy. I have never been so poor and feel so rich. This is a kind of freedom that you won't know until you do it. You can at least watch me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment